Purpose and Award
UCB Canada Inc., a global biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative treatments for inflammatory arthritis diseases, such as: rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis. UCB Canada Inc. is dedicated to creating unique programs and tools to aid patients in reaching above and beyond the boundaries of their disease and fulfilling their educational ambitions.
Now in its tenth year, the UCBeyond Scholarship Program has allocated 152 scholarships and approximately $765,000 CDN to Canadian students.
This program is designed for applicants of any age. Applicants must be:
- A legal and permanent resident of Canada;
- Diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis by a physician;
- Seeking an associate’s, undergraduate, or graduate degree from a Canadian university; a diploma or certificate from a Canadian college; or enrolled in a trade school educational program;
- Enrolled in or awaiting acceptance from a Canadian-based institution of higher education for the fall/winter semester of 2017/2018; and
- A student who demonstrates academic ambition and embraces a way of life that goes above and beyond the boundaries of living with inflammatory arthritis.